Lexie struggles with her weight but is learning how to trust her body again with Am I Hungry?
Posted on 07/26/2008 @ 10:00 AM
I had several days in a row where I felt hungry all the time. Then today went well! I felt like I made decisions that honored my body and I felt good.
So what made today different from the past few days? What made it better? What made it easier to listen to my body?
* I reminded myself again to relax the perfectionist standards.
* I ate this morning when I was hungry - and didn't over-eat.
* This afternoon while running errands and took a bit of a walk. Though the walk was tiring it felt good and reminded me that my short exercises are really helping me build a tolerance again. I'm not where I want to be, I'm closer than I was!
* I wasn't hungry yet so on my way back to work. I picked up lunch for later. In the past, I would have eaten anyway often I would have eaten anyway or skipped it altogether and regretted it later).
* When I did get hungry, I ate part of the lunch I bought. I put the rest away when I was finished.
* Later that afternoon I wanted something sweet. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't full and the small piece of chocolate was just enough.
* For dinner I got what I was craving, ate what I needed, and put the rest away.
I just realized that part of my increased appetite these last few days was probably PMS related. Knowing that will help me deal with it more effectively. I wasn't a "pig" that had no self control and had forgotten everything I had learned. I was just hormonal! What a relief! *smile*